Friday, June 02, 2006

Failed attempts at capturing the 4-leafed clover of shots of planes flying overhead at the Yuanshan Metro station

The Yuanshan Metro station, near where I work, is also close to the Sungshan Airport, so a plane flies overhead about every 20 minutes. I have been caught off guard countless times. Now that I carry my camera with me at all times, how many times have a scrambled to slide it from its holster before the plane was gone? More than I can count on my fingers and toes and on those of all the people getting on and off the metro everyday for a year. Well...he...he...he. I have sat outside the station and in the park across the street waiting for the next plane to fly overhead, but I am always too late to snap the shot while it is still overhead. You can imagine what the people walking by are saying about this strange old outsider swinging his sword at windmills. I am like the coyote chasing the roadrunner, conjuring one plan after another, only to see the dynamite blow up in my face. That is how I would represent all of my failed attempts to capture the 4-leafed clover of plane shots over the Yuanshan Metro station.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are neat. Good catch! :)

3:00 AM  
Blogger Eli said...

Thanks, Jarlsberg!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home