Monday, July 10, 2006

Life's ideal

Ambivalent Maybe--that humble lover of words and symbols--of Lumpenlogogracy summed up my own personal ideal better than I ever could when he said he got the impression from reading my blog of: "a sublime state of laid-back fascination." While I can't say I have reached any sublime state, I am definitely content with the direction my life has taken, and this city ceaselessly offers fascinating experiences to feed my imagination. I guess I am laid-back by nature (part of it is cultivated), and am at my best when I can see wonder in the world, though I also have my mood-swings, yearnings, and short-comings, as well as moments that are filled with boredom, loneliness, melancholy, and other negative feelings (these moments have been diminishing however). To make a long story short, what you read here is real, though of course not complete. I have done nothing intentional on the level of a million little pieces to enhance this blog--that is, nothing beyond the creative use of words to share my experience with the world. I yam what I yam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home