Monday, April 03, 2006

My apologies

Sorry to anyone who tried to comment here over the past few days; I was experimenting with a new comment moderating feature and didn't realize I had to click "accept." This was not a move towards exclusivity. I just hate spam, some of which I am willing to overlook, but some I just can't accept. Who are you people who hoard peoples' mailboxes with inappropriate, unthoughtful, disrespectful nonsense? Who are you people who terrorize and infantalize, disrupting quality discourse? Please...hands off! Some day I will write about my feelings concerning being considerate! Capiche???

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert Ellman said...

Take it from me, you have to screen comments. I still allow most comments myself. I don't want to suppress speech. That's counter intuitive to the blogoshere. But spam comments or gratitutiously hurtful ones do happen and it's legitimate to keept them out. Debate yes. Criticism yes. Spam or abuse: NO!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Eli said...

Good points, Rob. I had been pretty oblivious to that, though not to spam. I have seen plenty of hurtful comments on other sites, especially during the 2003 primaries. That was a crazy time.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home