Monday, March 13, 2006

All kinds of folk

As I sit on the Metro and gaze at the faces and different modes of dress, I think to myself: "There are all kinds of folk." There are hip people. There are shy people. There are affluent people. There are those of modest means. There are funny people. There are really silly people. There are very serious people. There are those about to go out on the town. There are those prepared for hearty endeavors. There are intelligent people, and well, those who are not so intelligent. There are attractive people, a lot of them. There are people with thoughtfullness exuding from their eyes, and some with blankness as their guise. There was a guy who fell at my feet and said: "Dui bu qi, dui bu qi." I think he had a wee bit too much to drink. There are people full of chit chat gossip and some who quietly sit and read a book. There are people of all ages--little children, adolescents, adults, and senior citizens. There are mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters, sisters and brothers. There are lovers, friends, and I suppose, even some enemies. Yes, there I sit on the Metro and think to myself: "There are all kinds of folk."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O., you should be a writer! Maybe you should compile a book of short stories and send it off to a publisher. I'm serious!

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Co! If the radio job doesn't work out, maybe I'll just stay here and teach English, and write on the side, about life here.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home