Friday, April 07, 2006

Just a note about where I will live

Last night I signed a lease for an apartment in Xinbeitou, an area in Taipei, right along the Danshui MRT line, which is known for its hotsprings (there is one valve in my shower for hotspring water); it is also quite close to Yangming Mountain. Well, it lacks the convenience of the area where I've been staying--at least some of it--but I figured it would be a little healthier to live in Beitou, where I can go hiking or biking when I have time. Actually, with the MRT, it is still pretty close to the more urban areas and is not far from Shilin, the largest night market in Taipei, and pretty close to Danshui in the other direction, as well. The place I will be working is also right on the Danshui line. I signed a yearlong lease, but thanks to my friend, I can break it after 6 months if I decide Beitou isn't for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting place. Wish I could visit.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home