Monday, June 12, 2006

All about encounters

I am linking to a post I wrote back in April--the Tea Connoisseur--not necessarily because I feel it is a great piece of writing, but because it is an important piece for me, in terms of connecting certain experiences in my life that together have helped to form my current worldview. It was also the first time I have attempted to write about these experiences (beyond a composition I wrote in Chinese class about my trip to Taiwan's east coast and perhap a spattering of emails I wrote the same year). The idea to write this piece started percolating in my head while still in Taipei two months ago (I was walking near the Taipei Train Station looking for a specific Japanese album that I heard on MTV the night before), but didn't form into words in this blog until after a long flight back to NJ. Here it is:

The Tea Connoisseur
Click on the highlighted link

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Facinating encounters you have! You make me want to write about my encounters :). I enjoy reading your blog. By the way, I like the "starbug". HY

4:09 AM  
Blogger Eli said...

Thanks, HY. Ox...d was all about encounters. Glad you like the blog. Starbug was funny, not because of me of course, just because it was a funny sign. In the brief time I was inside, I did see some cool bugs. I wonder how big the market is...probably bigger than many expect.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home